Back injuries are very common in workers comp cases. This is because so many people suffer back injuries at work. Some are caused by accidents. Others are caused by every day work. You may slip and fall. You may end up with back strains or disc herniations. Since they are so common, employers usually train their people on how to safely do their jobs. They don’t want to have their employees getting hurt.
If you do hurt your back, you’ll be out of work for a while. You may need to have surgery. At a minimum, you’ll have to go to physical therapy. If your injury took place at work, your medical care should be covered.
Your Moultrie workers comp attorney will have to prove that you’re injured. Otherwise, you won’t be entitled to benefits. He also has to prove you got hurt on the job. There are certain things that can disqualify you from receiving workers comp benefits. These things include:
- You were drinking or doing drugs at the time of the injury
- You weren’t on the clock at the time of your accident
- Also you were doing something outside the scope of your job
- You were ignoring the safety guidelines at your job
If any of these apply, your lawyer will have to negotiate with the insurance company to try to get your claim approved.
What Causes of Back Injuries?
All sort of things can contribute to your back injuries. Some of these are:
- Miscalculation of risk – Some people underestimate how heavy something is. They may think they can handle it, and end up turning or twisting their back.
- Frustration and rushing – Everyone gets tired. When people are trying to do too much, too fast, they’re prone to getting hurt.
- Improper training – As careful as most employers are, there are times when even the best training can’t prevent a work-related accident. However, there are other times when people simple aren’t trained properly.
- Improper lifting technique – It’s important that employees learn the proper way to lift heavy objects. Otherwise, they will be susceptible to injury.
Everyone’s case is different. It’s important that you’re honest with your workers comp attorney. He’s going to find out the truth eventually. Don’t let him get blindsided halfway through your case.
There are Different Types of Back Injuries
Depending on your job, there are different types of back injuries you may suffer. The most common back injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Lower back sprain
- Lumbar and lower back pain
- Nerve damage
- Spinal stenosis
Back injuries can be very painful. They’ll leave you out of commission for months. It’s hard to drive and walk.
Contact a Workers Comp Lawyer in Moultrie, Georgia
If you hurt your back at work, you need to call a Moultrie back-injury lawyer. An experienced workers compensation attorney can handle the legal side of things for you. Your workers comp attorney knows the court system. They negotiate with insurance companies all the time. They’ll work hard to get you the maximum benefits. Call to schedule your free consultation today.