We never think we’ll get hurt at work. And we figure if we do get hurt, our employers will take care of us. However, it happens all the time. People get hurt and their workers comp claim gets. It can be denied for many reasons. Usually, it’s due to whether or not the insurance company thinks you were really injured. Or, it’s denied because you didn’t do paperwork right.
Even if your claim is approved, you could end up waiting weeks for your benefits to kick in. This can be very frustrating. While you’re waiting for your benefits to kick in, you have no way to feed your family. This is why you need a worker’s comp attorney in Moultrie, Georgia.
Under Georgia law, you’re entitled to receive workers compensation benefits if you are hurt while on the job. These benefits are meant to help you take care of your family while you’re waiting to go back to work.
If your workers comp claim is denied, you should contact a worker’s comp lawyer in Moultrie immediately He will help you file an appeal.
Why Did the Insurance Company Deny Your Claim?
There are a number of reasons why the insurance company denied your claim. Some of these are easy to fix. Some of the administrative reasons your claim may be denied include:
- Your employer’s attendance records are incorrect or incomplete
- Your paperwork has not been completed properly
- You forgot to include medical documentation or other information related to your claim
Your workers comp attorney will talk to the insurance company to see if you can fix these issues. If so, you should start receiving your benefits in a few weeks.
Other times, your claim is denied for more serious reasons. These include:
- They believe your injuries didn’t take place while on the job
- You may have been behaving outside the scope of your employment
- Perhaps they believe you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of your injury or illness
- The insurance company believes you got hurt on purpose
- You may have an underlying issue or pre-existing condition
- The insurance company doesn’t believe you were hurt at all
If your claim was denied for any of these reasons, you’re going to need a Moultrie workers’ comp attorney.
Can a Workers Comp Lawyer Help?
If you find out your claim is denied, you’re gonna need a workers’ comp lawyer. Whether you think you know how the system works or not, things are different when it’s happening to you. You may have no idea why your claim was denied. You also have no idea what information your employer is basing his decision on.
An experienced workers compensation lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company and its attorneys to find out how to resolve the issues. They’ll work hard to get your claim paid.
Contact a Workers Comp Lawyer in Moultrie, Georgia Today
If you get hurt at work, contact a Moultrie workers compensation lawyer today . You can schedule your free consultation. This will give you a chance to ask any questions you may have. It also gives your attorney a chance to see what he’s up against.