We don’t realize how important our vision is until we don’t have it. We also don’t realize how easy it can be to injure our eyes. There are more work-related eye injuries than people may think. And they can happen in any environment. Some of the most common work-related eye injuries are:
- Equipment accidents
- Chemical burns or fumes
- Impalement or lacerations to the eye
- A severe blow to the head
Of course, there are certain injuries that are more prone to eye injuries than others. Chemists, for example, are constantly exposed to harsh chemicals. These chemicals can easily cause damage to the eyes. This is why it’s so important that people always wear personal protective equipment.
It’s a lot easier to prevent and eye injury than it is to repair it. If you suffer an eye injury while on the job, you need to contact an Albany workers comp lawyer. He can help file your claim and make sure you get the benefits you deserve.
Types of Eye Injuries
There are all sorts of eye injuries. Some are minor and heal themselves. Others take a long time to heal. Certain injuries can be repaired with surgery, but others cannot. Some can even cause partial or total blindness. Your Albany workers comp lawyer will try to get you the benefits you deserve.
If you suffer an eye injury, chances are you won’t be able to work. You’ll be in a lot of pain.
Some of the more common types of eye injuries include:
- Scratched eyes – Corneal abrasions are usually caused by being poked in the eye. They can also be caused from constant rubbing. This happens a lot in work environments that involve filaments and dust.
- Chemical burns – So many substances can cause a chemical burn. Researchers and people who work with hazardous materials are susceptible to chemical burns in the eye.
- Penetrating injuries – It hurts to even think about this type of injury. A penetrating injury occurs when your eye is penetrated by something sharp.
- Swelling – This is usually caused from getting hit in the eye with an object. This type of injury is minor and usually heals itself rather quickly.
- Blowout fractures – These are caused by cracks and breaks in the face near or around the eye bones.
Contact a Workers Comp Lawyer in Albany, Georgia
If you’re hurt at work, you should contact a workers comp attorney in Albany, Georgia. You need to file a worker’s compensation claim to get the medical care you need. Your claim will also entitle you to weekly wage benefits until you can return to work.
Make sure you file your claim right away. The longer you wait, the greater the odds of your claim being denied. Also make sure you contact a lawyer right away. Call an Albany workers comp lawyer today and schedule your initial consultation. The consultation is free and it gives you a chance to ask any questions you may have.