One of the most common work injuries is a back injury. There are so many ways you can hurt your back. You may slip and fall. You may hurt yourself picking up a box. Also you can end up with back strains or disc herniations. Because back injuries are so common, most companies train their employees on how to safely lift heavy objects. However, this doesn’t mean all back injuries are preventable. Even simple and repetitive tasks can lead to serious back injuries.
If you’ve hurt your back at work, you may be entitled to workers compensation benefits. As long as your injury took place on the clock, you should be compensated. Of course, your worker’s comp attorney in Albany has to prove that your injury qualified. If you were drinking or under the influence of drugs, for example, you wouldn’t be entitled to benefits. Your attorney has to prove that the injury took place while you were working and that it was within the scope of your job.
What Are The Causes Of Back Injuries?
Many things can contribute to a back injury at work. Some of the most common causes of back injuries in the workplace include:
- Improper training – As careful as most employers are, there are times when even the best training can’t prevent a work-related accident. However, there are other times when people simply aren’t trained properly.
- Improper lifting technique – It’s important that employees learn the proper way to lift heavy objects. Otherwise, they will be susceptible to injury.
- Miscalculation of risk – Some people underestimate how heavy something is. They may think they can handle it, and end up turning or twisting their back.
- Frustration and rushing – Everyone gets tired. When people are trying to do too much, too fast, they’re prone to getting
Every case is different. Make sure you talk to your worker’s comp attorney and let him know exactly what happened.
There are Different Types of Back Injuries
A lot of workers comp claims are based on back injuries. There are different types of back injuries. Some are serious, and some are minor. However, often times, back injuries require surgery and physical therapy. They can keep you out of work for quite some time.
The most common back injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Lower back sprain
- Lumbar and lower back pain
- Nerve damage
- Spinal stenosis
Back injuries can be very painful. They’ll leave you out of commission for months. It’s hard to drive and walk.
Contact a Workers Comp Lawyer in Albany, Georgia
If you’ve hurt your back in a work-related accident, you should contact an Albany back-injury lawyer. It’s important that you focus on getting better. You have to make your health your top priority. An experienced workers compensation attorney can handle the legal side of things for you.
Your worker’s comp attorney understands the court system. They deal with insurance companies all the time. They’ll work hard to get you the maximum benefits. They’ll also do their best to negotiate a fair settlement. Call to schedule your free consultation today.